Jubilee Vineyard Estate is part of the original 40 acres of land (portion 112) that was granted to Denis Benjamin Kirwan in 1821. The property became known as "Kirwan’s Retreat". Growing maize and wheat, a horse mill was established on the property in 1825 in order to grind flour for Kirwan and other local farmers. The mill was later upgraded and by 1835 Kirwan had imported a steam engine and grind stone for a new mill on his property.
Jubilee Vineyard Estate was re-established with vines in 2001. The grape planted was Chambourcin, a French/American hybrid grape variety that is particularly suited to growing in this humid region due to its resistance to fungal diseases. Although its parentage is uncertain, the grape produces a deep purple coloured wine with a full aromatic flavour and long depth.